Thursday, June 8, 2017

Time-Out Black Bean Dip

A couple of weeks ago (and I honestly cannot believe it was that long) I told you about a book called 175 Best Superfood Blender Recipes. At that time, I provided you with some recipes, but told you that another was coming, namely one for a delicious and easy black bean dip. Shortly thereafter, I completely forgot about it. It was not until I made the dip again yesterday that it dawned on me. So, finally, FINALLY! Here it is.
I enjoyed it just as much the second time as I did the first. One of the things that I really like about this dip, aside from the taste and ease, is that it goes amazingly well with my new favorite tortilla chips, these Wickedly Prime Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips from Amazon. 
If you haven't tried them, you simply must! How often can you get a tasty snack chip that also has some nutritional value? (Ingredients consist only of yellow corn, sweet potatoes, sunflower or corn oil, flaxseeds, black sesame seeds, chia seeds, and sea salt.) They are crispy, crunchy, and not overwhelmingly tasting of sweet potato so as to allow you to enjoy the subtlest of flavors in all of your favorite dips. If you want to read more about them, you can click here. I really love them, and find they go with so many of my favorite dips and salsas, particularly in this case. Total Yum!! While you’re at it, you might want to check out Wickedly Prime Plantain Chips, Roasted & Salted, 12 Ounce (Pack of 4) as well.
Time-Out Black Bean Dip

As seen in 175 Best Superfood Blender Recipes


2 cans (each 14 to 15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 red onion, peeled and quartered
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon sunflower oil or extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Add black beans, onion, cilantro (reserving a few leaves for garnish), garlic, vinegar, lime juice and oil to the extra tall cup. Twist the extractor blade onto the cup to seal. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.

Transfer to a serving bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with reserved cilantro just before serving.




This post is linked to:

7 comments:

bj said...

This really sounds great...and I am anxious to give those chips a try.
xoxo

Rustown Mom said...

Healthy and yummy looking!! That would go great with my weekend (:

thepaintedapron.com said...

the dip sounds great but I've really got my eyes on those chips!!

Linda said...

Love bean dip! I'll have to try those chips. They look a lot like the Food Should Taste Good chips that I love so much.

Michele Morin said...

Stop the presses! Sweet potato chips sound amazing! Not to take the spotlight off your amazing dip, but wow! Gotta find those chips!

Unknown said...

I wasn't expecting to see balsamic on the ingredients list, I can't wait to see how it works in the dip! Thanks!

Rustown Mom said...

Patti, I made this just this weekend and I really liked it! I cook my black beans in the crock all day, then drain and store in baggies in the freezer. So much cheaper! I thawed a couple of them out, then I topped my dip with crumbled queso fresco - it was the bomb.